Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Altered Book Art Journal
















Ah software - the band on the left of each picture is actually the top and the grid tape will go down the left side.

This is the first altered book journal cover I have made on my own. I took a class in July, with Kelly Kilmer but since the journal I made then is still being filled, I haven't tried making another cover on my own.

This cover is beautiful, but it isn't perfect. I made the space between the two book boards too narrow so the book will not be one that lies flat when the pages are added and filled up. I could do it over, but I think I will just learn from it and make another and put the lesson to better use. Re-dos never work for me anyway.

I still have to sew in the pages and have to wait for my waxed linen thread to arrive in the mail...the pages are painted and standing by.

I'll post the art journal again when the pages are in - stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment