Monday, September 21, 2009

Handpainted Pages with Tape Added

In my last post I said I would show you the pages inside the second handmade journal. Since then I had to uninstall and reinstall the photo software - and I had a big case of Idonwannas.

Now it is done and I am very pleased to show you the inside of this journal. I usually hand tear my pages and leave a deckled edge, but for some reason I couldn't get these pages torn to my satisfaction. Luckily for me I have recently discovered decorative tape which is the white lacy stuff you see here! The tape also comes with black lace.(karl@oboiler.com to buy)
l.




The second set of pages you see has a different decorative tape that has script on a clear background. This tape furthers my ongoing experiment with using script or text for interest and depth. I love the effect. I found this tape on Etsy at the direction of my current art journaling mentor Kelly Kilmer.

The e-mail address for this tape is Yangyanggo@hotmail.com I cannot remember the Etsy name though. I also have a transparent tab/extension on this spread of pages to the right which just makes the next page sooooo inviting. When I write and collage this page I will turn the book so that the extension is on the top of the page. Then the vertical lines in the page will be there for script! And no one will be able to just flip through the book without pause.

Now the question is should I give this journal to my sister for her birthday? Even if I am not sure that she would use it? Or even if she wants something more to dust lying around on a shelf? This is where I am stuck right now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! I'm glad you posted on my blog. I couldn't find an e-mail address for you, so I am posting a comment on your blog. I have a local Book Arts grouop you may be interested in. We use the yahoo group to keep track of group correspondence, supply lists, etc ... and we do all sorts of mixed techniques, but our strongest focus is on making art books and several of us do art journal.

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHBA/

    Your art journal group does sound interesting. You can e-mail me at:
    transtartwin@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking at all your journal pages, Lori! Your pages are fanatstic! And so much writing and important commentary too! Loved browsing through them. Leanne.

    ReplyDelete